Friday, July 18, 2014

#nostalgia

So many things have changed since the last time I published something on this blog. For starters I use hashtags now, not #allthetime or anything, only #sometimes because it's #fun and #addictive (and I don't actually use hashtags that regularly or do that terrible thing where I am speaking and make a hashtag sign with my fingers I am just embellishing for dramatic effect and because it's ironic and irony is funny sometimes and I try to be funny way too much and write really long sentences because that's how my mind works and I write as my mind spews forth but I'm going to stop myself like right now because this is too much.)

For starters I have completed 2 years of University in St. Andrews (and I haven't died of hypothermia like I was worried about in the last post). I'm also not as smart as I used to be in school. That part is kind of crappy. You know that feeling when you're a big fish in a little pond and you think you're intelligent. Then you go to one of the top universities in the UK and realise that actually you're just a fish, swimming in an ocean, with fish as fast and as smart and smarter than you. You have two options at this stage: try harder, swim faster to keep up with the other fishies, or flounder and fail. I seem to have taken option number 2, quite by accident and without even realising until I did this some serious introspection this past summer (and the arrival of my module grades - which aren't bad, but also not that great.)

I've also grown (time, food & water tends to help with that but I meant this more in a metaphorical sense) and I like to think it's for the better. Time does something to all of us, but it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what. You know you've changed, but can you list how? Is it a change for the better or for the worse? How do you know? I don't. I really don't.

I have to go eat pizza now (Sun Coco pizza. If you ever come to Seychelles, that's the place to eat pizza but don't get a burger even though it used to be amazing - the mayo they used today wasn't very good) but I'm going to keep writing on this. I forgot how much I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment